Search This Blog

Sunday, April 16, 2023

Welcome, now what in Gods green earth is this blog



This is my family's version of the Pecos Bill story, a story held up by oral tradition and usually told non linearly with tails being randomly told from time to time, sometimes they'd be told one after the other on long car trips, or maybe one as a part of seasonal tradition like for Halloween or Christmas. 


With all these stories being past down from generation to generation with damn near everyone adding something to the story, wether they be parent or child, aunt or uncle, cousin or blood brother.


do to all this, when reading this blog/story keep in mind that it's a reflection of a family that's diverse and quite complicated on top of how, to my knowledge, this is the first time my family's story of Big Bill has been put to paper or even put in some sort of chronological order, with this whole thing being my first proper attempt at this Herculean task.


Also some of these stories I had to reconstruct somewhat from a mixture of my memory and researching The mythological influence that might have inspired them due to the family members originally coming up with the stories either passing or me just not being in contact with them.


So a great deal of blood sweat and tears has gone into this and again there might be hiccups and potential mistakes but hopefully This will keep my families stories alive and inspire others to record their own family's tall tales and preserve those ever important oral traditions


Also once I'm done writing the whole Epic down I do want to put together a proper book and release it through Amazon or some such, have a physical record of this story beyond the digital world

No comments:

Post a Comment

Greater Description

Welcome, now what in Gods green earth is this blog

This is my family's version of the Pecos Bill story, a story held up by oral tradition and usually told non linearly with tails being ra...